Sunday, March 4, 2012

We on a food tour #3

Salt Lake City Utah
Vertical Diner (again)

This place is so incredible good it has to be eaten twice, or so I am told. A real test of a place for me is breakfast. I consider myself the Master of Breakfast, so a good breakfast place really has to knock my socks off. Other then being the most important meal of the day, it is the best, you can go anyway and not fail with breakfast. Greek...yep, southwestern, yep, simple, sure, complex and over the top...of course. Breakfast flat out rules the food world.
Chad tore into Tofu scramble, cali garden paddy, horizontal chili, biscuits and gravy. Shining example of the versatility of breakfast, fucking chilli makes an appearance. I have never been hyped on a tofu scramble not made by myself, so hopefully this place comes correct, which I have a feeling they do.

david expanded his waste with biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, tofu scramble, portebello mushrooms, red anti green salsa (?) and the best tap water he ever had. If you are reading this and from Phoenix and never been ANY where else, some places have legit tap water. Imagine that!
Eric ordered Same as davey only with a sausage biscuit.
I need to get to SLC to try this place, as do we all!
One of the most exciting times in random restaurant going to for me was in Inglewood California (home of the Great Western Forum, Fuck the Lakers) Went to some random diner next to a Nation of Islam church or masque or whatever the shit they call them and a southern baptist church. Thank you 5% for your weird juxtapose of ancient text and random traditional African practices, because this diner did not serve pork, but instead used morning star veggie sausage Patty's. Same with the gravy, this place was off the proverbial hook. And I went in expecting to eat a shitty waffle and be pissed the lakers won so many championships in the zip code I was in.

See You in Idaho Falls (again)
The Lakers Suck

No comments:

Post a Comment